The 2016 Volume 2 issue of the USCA's Croquet News magazine delivered to the mailhouse last week and should be arriving in member's mailboxes this month. The web edition PDF is also now available to USCA members on the magazine page of the USCA website (log in required).
It was quite a line-up of croquet events that took place since the last edition of the magazine as the AC World Championships were held in April, followed by the GC World Team Championship, the 9-Wicket National Championship, the Solomon Trophy test and the surprise of the summer as Ben Rothman became the first American to win the British Open singles title (check out the list of winners for the Open for some perspective on that accomplishment).
In addition, five of the six USCA Regionals were held over the Spring/Summer and we squeezed them all in. It's a jam-packed issue and we hope you enjoy it ... here's the full run-down of articles:
- USCA Hosts Epic AC Worlds
- 2016 US Hall of Fame Inductees: Damon Bidencope and Bert Myer
- 2016 National 9 Wicket Championship
- 2016 Northeast Regional Tournament
- 2016 Mid-Atlantic Regional Tournament
- 2016 Western Regional Tournament
- 2016 Midwest Regional Tournament
- 2016 Southeast Regional Tournament
- Club Profile: Pasadena Croquet Club
- Member Profile: Ben Rothman
- Hydration article from Russ Dilley
- Bob and Ted On Tactics: Pivot Ball
ABOUT THE PDF EDITION: All website and e-mail links should be live in the PDF. If you see an interesting reference, you can click through to dig deeper or reach a contact right away. On computers, the PDF version is best viewed as "two-up" and "show cover page" if you want to see the full spreads (on your Adobe Reader top menu: View/Page Display). The PDF should also be viewable on most tablets.